Following the Government's intention to increase the use of e-payments, the IRBM has announced that it will NO longer accept tax payments sent by post or courier with effect from 1 January 2021.
However, this DO NOT apply to payments for:
- Real Property Gains Tax (RPGT), i.e. assessment under section 21B of the RPGT Act 1976 (Form CKHT 502)
- Income tax payable by a Public Entertainer (Travel Artist)
- Withholding tax
Taxpayers / tax agents may make payments through the following payment mediums:
- ezHazil via the IRBM’s official portal (www.hasil.gov.my)
- Internet banking portal of banks that have been appointed as collection agents
- Bank counters of banks that have been appointed as collection agents
- Cash / cheque deposit machines
- Automatic Teller Machines (ATM)
The bank confirmation slips or valid e-payment transaction slips for payments made via the above mediums will be accepted as proof of payment / payment receipt.
For payments at the bank counter, the following information is required when making the payment:
- Income tax file reference number
- Name and MyKad number
- Year of assessment and instalment number
- Tax payment code
- Payment amount
Tax payments sent by post or courier and received by the IRBM on or after 1 January 2021 will be returned to the sender by normal post. Such payments will not be accepted as payment made and taxpayers may be penalised or tax due maybe increased due to late payment.
If there are any questions, taxpayers / tax agents may contact the Revenue Care Line 03-8911 1000 for further clarifications.