The PEMERKASA stimulus package announced by our Prime Minister on 17 March 2021 is aimed at jump-starting the country’s economy under the 5th stage (i.e. Revitalize) of the 6R economic recovery plan. The stimulus package is valued at RM20 billion which will focus on recovering and revitalizing Malaysia’s economy for the year 2021 through 5 focus points:
1) Control the Covid-19 pandemic
2) Spur the country’s economic recovery
3) Strengthen the country’s competitiveness
4) Implement a state and social agenda
5) Transforming the country’s economy
Our Tax Alert publication highlights some of the initiatives that were announced. Read our full publication to know more.
Download publication here
Download PDF [1906 kb]
Also appears under...