The Securities Commission (SC) recently launched the new Code of Corporate Governance 2017, which contains sets of best practices to strengthen corporate culture with emphasis on accountability and transparency.
In fact, the new Code of Corporate Governance is said to place greater importance on the internalisation of corporate governance culture among listed companies and non-listed entities. In the case of the latter, it also includes stateowned enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises, licensed intermediaries and many more.
In addition, Bursa Malaysia made amendments to the Listing Requirements in October 2015, where listed issuers are required to disclose a narrative statement of the management of material economic, environmental and social (“EES”) risks and opportunities (“Sustainability Statement”) in their annual reports.
The amendments to the Listing Requirements is implemented on a staggered basis over three years, starting from 31 December 2016 to 31 December 2018. PLCs with a market capitalisation more than RM2 billion are required to disclose their Sustainability Statement in annual report issued for the financial year ending on or after 31 December 2016.
- RM280 nett (Grant Thornton clients/alumni) or RM320 nett (non-clients) per participant (inclusive of 6% GST).
- Fee includes seminar materials, refreshments and lunch.
- Certificate of attendance will be given to all participants for registration of CPE/CPD points with the relevant professional bodies.
Module 1: Introduction
• Definition of Corporate Governance
• Basis of Corporate Governance
• Importance of Corporate Governance in a firm
Module 2: MCCG 2017
• Salient features
• Apply or explain
• Principle A: Supporting Board Leadership and Effectiveness
• Principle B: Safeguarding the Integrity of Financial and Corporate Reporting
• Principle C: Managing Risks to Preserve and Create Value
• Principle D: Strengthening Relationship with Shareholders
• Link to Listing Requirements – Chapter 15: Corporate Governance
• Link to Board’s statement on risk management and internal control
Module 3: Sustainability Reporting
• Bursa Malaysia’s emphasis and guide
• Why is Sustainability important?
• How to embed sustainability in organisations?
• What to disclose?
• Bursa Malaysia’s Sustainability Governance toolkit
Module 4: Conclusion
• How does it all comes together?
- Nusantara Ballroom 1, Level 2, Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur Hotel