Dr. Jim Lai holds an MBA and PhD in Accounting and Finance from Cass Business School, City, University of London. Dr. Jim Lai had undertaken the role as advisor in a variety of corporate and debt restructuring exercises involving mergers, acquisitions, divestments, fund-raising and reverse takeovers of public listed companies.
Amongst the projects Dr. Jim Lai advised are:
- Investigations, due diligence, strategic reviews and consulting assignments for a number of listed conglomerates;
- Interim management to restructure and turnaround listed companies in the construction, information technology, property management and paper packaging sector;
- Corporate and debt restructuring of a number of large diversified listed Groups;
- Independent Financial Advisor and Monitoring Accountant for banks in relation to restructuring of telecommunication, garment and rubber processing groups;
- Privatization of State owned enterprises in the transportation sector;
- Strategic Reviews and Restructuring of SME’s and Government owned entities;
- Investigative audits in relation to alleged frauds and dispute resolutions;
- Acted as expert witness in proceedings involving breach of trust, misappropriation and fraud; and
- Business valuation and deal management in relation to the divestment of equity interests, fund-raising as well as corporate debt restructuring for private, state owned enterprises & listed entities.
Dr Jim Lai will have the overall responsibility for the transaction, providing direction and support to the team as well as leading key discussions.
- CA (M)
- PhD Cass Business School