Dr. Jim Lai Chee Chuen had undertaken the role as advisor in a variety of corporate and debt restructuring exercises involving mergers, acquisitions, divestments, fund-raising and reverse takeovers of public listed companies.
Amongst the projects Dr. Jim Lai advised are:
- Corporate and debt restructuring of a number of large diversified listed Groups;
- Independent Financial Advisor and Monitoring Accountant for banks in relation to restructuring of companies in diverse sectors such as telecommunication, garment manufacturing and rubber processing;
- Interim management to restructure and turnaround listed companies in the construction, information technology, property management and paper packaging sector;
- Strategic and business reviews, due diligence, and consulting assignments for listed conglomerates, SME’s and Government agencies/linked corporations;
- Mergers and Acquisitions, business valuation and fund-raising;
- Privatization of State-owned enterprises in the transportation sector;
- Investigative audits in relation to alleged frauds and dispute resolution;
- Acted as expert witness in proceedings involving breach of trust, misappropriation of funds and fraud;
- Led various receivership and liquidation assignments.
- CA (M)
- PhD Cass Business School